Thursday, August 12, 2010

Writing my song...


I'm doing well. I haven't weighed myself (I don't think I will for a while, if that's okay) but I feel like I've stayed reasonably on the straight and narrow (narrow, geddit?). I've realised that my 'diet' is taking shape in the form of 'eat like a normal person eats'. So, aside from banning chocolate (unless it's in something that I bake myself) I'm really eating much as I usually do, just a bit less at mealtimes and a lot less at snacktimes. It's working really well.

It feels sustainable.

Which is the whole point, really.  Previous attempts have resulted in me scoffing chocolates by 4pm because I feel deprived and I feel like I'll never get a square meal again as long as I live. Not good.

It's nice to feel a bit more in control again. And it's nice to feel like I'm finally doing something again to move a little (little, geddit?) bit closer to looking like the 'me' that's in my heart.

No more skinny puns. Promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl. Sustainable means it'll be a lifestyle... and that means you'll always keep your progress. Proud of you. ;)

Rachel said...

Staying on a steady path is the key..... oh and by the way I love the puns pls dont stop them :) ....
when you feel deprived you are more likely to give up.... so it sounds like you have found what you and your body need to succeed.... keep the good work up....